Phani's Blog Corner

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Name is Rajinikanth

This blog is about ... er ... Well! The title says it all. This biography of RajiniKanth written by an "ophthalmologist" Dr. Gayathri Srikanth is in the least an interesting read let alone being a bad one as most people claim it to be. She has done some great research on the superstar. Also, I like it that she doesn't totally idolize the superstar by omitting his misdeeds or censoring them. However, there are parts of the book where I feel it would have helped if she weren't a doctor. At times she throws in a geeky statement like - "Rajini had multiple knots in his stomach ... one right next to his peritoneum ..." or something to that effect. I understood that Rajini was going through anticipatory pangs about his future as an actor but, peritoneum !?? Anyways also, there are an unusually high number of typos in this book which only get worse towards the end. I probably should blame the editor more for this than the writer herself but, isn't there such a thing as a spell checker in the latest word processing applications these days? Also, I could go on and on about the geeky anecdotes and the slightly repetitive nature of the book but, here I am with no books to my credit and look at her she has already sold 20,000 copies of her first book ever. :) If not for her writing abilities I should at least appreciate her for having picked up such an easy to sell topic to make a mark with her very first book itself.


/PhaKuDi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home