Phani's Blog Corner

Friday, July 11, 2008

The 3 mistakes of my life

The third book by "India's most read english author" makes a good script for a movie more than a great read. I liked his first book "Five point someone" the best. The second one "One night @ the call center" was a disappointment towards the end. Although the latest one, "The 3 mistakes of my life" has a slightly thrilling ending and is a bit of a page turner, it doesn't leave you with the feeling of having read a great new piece of work from an upcoming author. It feels repetitive - it is set in the same contemporary young india like the other two books, the male lead character bears a borderline cynical attitude, the male and female lead characters end up having an affair. That said, I really like some of the thoughts which keep on inside the lead male charater's head - "A beautiful girl like her doesn't need math. Math is for losers like me.". I sometimes wonder if all of these novels are inspired by Chetan Bhagat's own life, I think atleast some parts of them must be. Anyways, it's not a bad read considering Rupa & Co still choose to price their most revenue generating author's works at Rs. 95 per book.

/PhaKuDi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home