Phani's Blog Corner

Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Terrible Loss


Couple of weeks ago Kalpana, my good friend cum colleague, came back to office after her indefinite leave. The reason she took a leave was to tend to her dying mother-in-law who was suffering with advanced lung and liver cancer. Although I wasn't expecting any good news from her I was slightly hesitant about approaching the subject. Kalpana initiated the conversation herself. She told me that though her mother-in-law suffered towards the end she went gracefully.

I do not know this woman very well, I don't even know her name for that matter. I only know her as Kalpana's mother-in-law and Atreya's (Kalpana's spouse) mother and only once have I had the privilege of meeting her briefly. Having known that she had the courage and will to survive while staring death in the face for more than a year and having known how gracefully she bid every one of her family members good bye towards the final moments of her life I wished I could have know her better and I wished I could have met her more than just once. Hats off to this woman!

/PhaKuDi

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home