Phani's Blog Corner

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Maa Tujhe Salaam

Living all by yourself is very liberating. You can listen to music loudly without disturbing others in the house, you can cook and burn stuff to your heart's content, you can jump into the water without a voice yelling at you to be careful, you can do your laundry once in 2 months, you can snore as much as you want if you have sinus trouble, you can get drunk everyday if you want, you can go to the movies without worrying about anyone at home waiting for you at the dinner table.

Hmm! such wonderful sense of freedom, isn't it?! I say irrespective if all this crap, home is the best place to be. It's the most comfortable too and a huge amout of credit goes to our mothers. Even silly little tasks like folding dried clothes and doing the dishes which probably don't even take more than 31/2 and 51/2 minutes respectively get dry and repetitively boring over a period of time. Just imagine! almost all our mums have been doing it for years now and not only for themselves but, for the whole family. Apart from performing all the chores of the house hold and orchestrating the pain staking baais and milk men of the world, these wonder fairies still have the patience to listen to all the stories you have to tell about your respective schools / colleges / work places / friends / enimies / blah / blah. Hmm! if we go into granlarities of the coarsely classified tasks like cooking, cleaning and care taking, we'll definitely hit issues which are best tackled only by moms. Three cheers to all the moms of the world, and mine in particular - love you, missing you.

/PhaKuDi

2 Comments:

  • I have four boys, one girl.......and I think they also feel this way. Being a Mom is often a pretty thankless job.......and a bit boring also, but watching your kids turn into good adults makes it worth while, your Mom is no doubt proud of you also.

    By Blogger Neoma, at 6:13 PM  

  • Hey I think you are totally right. Being a gal also,I never ever cared to do anything like my mom did for me when I was with her. Have been in US for 5 years and married for 3 years and now I really appreciate her miraculous strength of raising me and my bro (who is still less appreciative as he is still with my parents in India). I think being a mom is a thankless job, but whenever I go back to India now, I take time to say thank you to her for all the times I didnt say and for all the work she still does for me, thinking taht I work hard in here so there is no need for me to do anything there in her house as she wants me to relax...seriously how I wish I was a good kid thanking her for what she did when I was with her. Only if I could change that I would be the happiest human being.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home