Phani's Blog Corner

Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Dream Kiss



Seated on an executive chair I was working on my laptop with my legs stretched out on top of the huge desk in front of me. She came in to the room holding a female child in her hands. She walked purposefully to me and placed the baby on the desk. She gave me a wonderful smile and left the room leaving the baby with me. I stopped fiddling with my laptop and kept it aside on the desk. The baby had an angelic smile on her. The baby had a bunch of key shaped teethers in her hand and was pretty involved in playing with them. I picked the baby up on to my lap and started playing with her. I tickled her little feet and her little tummy and she gave me the pristine laughter while holding on to her plaything tightly. For a moment I wished I could be her. Meanwhile, "She" entered the room again and slowly bee lined her way to the back of my chair. She pushed the back of my chair till it was reclining at an angle. Then she bent over me and gazed into my eyes for a minute. I could get lost in those deep dark eyes. Then she ever so lightly kissed me on my lips. Her lower lip met mine and they remained locked for a second or two. The touch of her tender lips on mine stirred a lot of emotions in me. She pulled back and hugged me from behind the chair with her cheek touching mine. We stayed that way for a while with the baby still playing on my lap. She then collected the baby and in doing so came eye-to-eye with me and both of us knew instantly that our eyes were wet. A tear rolled over her cheek as she lifted the baby to her shoulder and a tear rolled down mine as she left the room without looking back. I felt something vibrating near my feet and picked it up to find that it was a call from the office. I don’t remember what I spoke over the phone when I took the call but, it took me at least 5 whole minutes to gain consciousness. The baby playing on my lap, soft touch of the lips, the feeling of my heart being ripped out as she left with the baby, everything was so vivid that it took me quite some time to convince myself that it was a dream. I got out of bed with a stirred feeling and a pair of wet eyes.

/PhaKuDi

2 Comments:

  • ... are we privy to info abt the identity of "She"?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 PM  

  • I wish I knew who that "She" was :)

    By Blogger PhaKuDi, at 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home